Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dare 15: Hot and Cold

Admittedly I was going to sit this dare out yet again. I was busy with other stuff and life in general seemed to have taken over most of my precious scrapping time. But then I realised that this layout that I created for one of my DT's actually fit this theme so was pleased I could contribute again.

You know how graffiti is actually regarded as undesirable on buildings and fences? I had never really given it much notice either, until for some reason I suddenly noticed for the first time the graffiti on one of the walls of my local swimming pool and saw the huge potential this kind of street art has to serve as inspiration for a layout. So 'what's not' suddenly became quite hot!

I took a piece of grey cardstock to mimic the idea of a cold concrete wall and let loose with paint. Added some chipboard pieces (still very much a 'hot' product), some letter stickers I've had in my stash for ages (I never use stickers anymore) and a silhouetted picture (how (c)old is that technique?lol) of my girl dressed up as her version of a super hero. And there you have it:

Thanks to Meg at Scrapbook Essentials we'll have another wonderful price for this dare. Please leave a comment on Moniques post with a link to your dare and/or email to RANDYLGRAY@xtra.co.nz (100kb or less) by Wednesday 14th February, 6pm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni O'Connor said...

Oh Marieke this is too funny. Love it!!!

9:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home