Friday, February 02, 2007

Are you ready for Dare #15!

In celebration of Summer we dare you to combine Hot and Cold elements on your page...inspired by warm sunkissed skin diving into delicious cold water, sizzling bbqs and the cool clink of ice cubes into a glass...are you getting the picture?

This is totally open to your own interpretation and creativity... you might translate it into your colour combination like I did mixing hot orange and reds with cool blues and white....you might choose a hot 'latest' product/technique to use with a more dated 'cool' one.

I chose to heat up my page with some star and birdie dingbats produced by a favourite 'hot' scrapbook artist Tia Bennett and added some revived cool with a journalling box and a speech bubble! I looked back at some of my older layouts to see what I thought was popular then and saw 'torn edges' featured in many (yes I've been scrapbooking for that long lol!), obviously a hot technique which cooled off, so for fun I added a touch of torn pattern paper...

The circles certainly got you creating...have you checked out the slide show?... now lets see what you can sizzle up for this one..."I DARE YOU"...Remember to leave a comment on this post with a link to your dare and/or email to RANDYLGRAY@xtra.co.nz (100kb or less) by Wednesday 14th February, 6pm.




10 Comments:

Blogger Niknak said...

Hi Ladies. Meek, what a great dare, really inspiring for me :0). Here is the link to my LO: http://gallery.scrapbookessentials.co.nz/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

I really hope you can see it, please let me know if I have mucked this up!! LOL
Cheers Nik

8:12 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Good theme - finally got to scrap one of my (many) holiday photos and the result is here: http://gallery.scrapbookessentials.co.nz/displayimage.php?album=138&pos=2

8:51 pm  
Blogger lianne said...

Sarah is that the right one, it dosen't have a holiday photo on it.

9:41 pm  
Blogger Monique said...

I'm not sure how the Scrapbook essentials gallery works but if you link to the gallery there it tends to show the most recent layout uploaded, so Sarahs link will now show that one rather than her own...

10:53 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

You're getting the "Bliss" layout, right? With the journalling underneath about it being a cocktail on the beachfront in Koh Samui? That's the one I get when I follow that link.

10:00 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Amazingly enough I actually did one this week:
http://lifeofscraps.blogspot.com/2007/02/hot-and-cool.html

4:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Monique told me I have to enter (scary lady that lol - just joking)Anyway mine is here on my blog. Cold and hot colours.
http://acreativeblank.wordpress.com/

7:51 am  
Blogger Delys said...

Mines on my blog too
http://rowanz.wordpress.com/

8:01 am  
Blogger Lara said...

have sent it to you Lianne

5:24 pm  
Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

Just completed mine in the nick of time :o)

http://memoryfairy.blogspot.com/2007/02/bounce.html

5:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home