Saturday, January 20, 2007

Dare 14 - Jo


Happy new year to all you dare takers out there.

Faye's "Going Round in Circles" dare inspired me in a couple of ways. Firstly I wanted to create a layout with as many circles as I could on it...circles don't feature in my layouts very often but I found them quite 'freeing' to use for a change - I didn't feel so constrained to create a balanced layout as I usually would. I used the circle within a square motif from the background paper to influence my layout design.

Secondly circles make me think of infinity, of something without end, and the Danny Kaye quote I used and the Belinda Carlisle song lyrics allowed me a way to translate this idea into a layout that expresses my love for my family.

How does the "Going Round in Circles" dare inspire you?...show us - there's a prize up for grabs.

Remember to leave a comment on Faye's post with a link to your dare or email to RANDLGRAY@xtra.co.nz (100kb or less) by Wed 31st January, 6pm.

Happy Daring!
Jo

2 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

Jo - this is gorgeous - how did you do that to your photo - kind of blur it or make it dreamy?

11:25 pm  
Blogger Phoebefigalilly said...

Hi Lara

The dreamy quality comes from using a free photoshop plug-in called RPM Beautifier. You can get it here:

http://www.redpawmedia.com/beautifier.html

8:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home