Friday, August 25, 2006

Dare # 6 - The patterned paper challenge ... and a competition!

Hey everyone, it's time for a new dare now that we've all recovered from CC06 and this week we've decided to change tack a little and have more of a product-based dare.

So the dare this week is: use 7 (or more) patterned papers on a layout.

Feel free to cover your whole layout with your papers or just use snippets, the only rule is they have to be 7 different patterned papers. This is a great way to use up scraps which is what i've done here. In fact i've just used my papers as they came out of my scraps file, no cutting and i've actually used 8 different patterned papers. Not sure if its readable but the title says "My Hopes for You". This is such a fun challenge - you can be completely random with your choices or go for similar colour schemes. As always please link us to your online gallery or blog in the comments section or email a pic to RANDLGRAY@xtra.co.nz (100kb or less) by Wednesday 6 September at 6pm.

And to top it all off this week again we are lucky enough to have a prize for our winner. The lovely Andrea from Scrapbook Outlet has kindly donated a fantastic prize for the winner of Dare #6.

But that's not all! She's also donated another awesome prize so everyone who's taken part in the dares so far (up to the end of this dare) will have their names put in the draw for the second prize. Couldn't get much better really, could it? So come on, get out those patterned papers and create a la Ali Edwards - can't wait to see all your layouts!

14 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

How cool is that! you just pulled those bits out of your scrapbag...why didn't I think of that!! It looks gorgeous Andrea!

So is this Dare a one weeker or a 2 weeker?

Monique.

11:19 pm  
Blogger Lara said...

love this layout Andrea!

Great challenge.

9:39 am  
Blogger Andrea said...

Hi everyone, i've added in the date in my post - Wed 6 Sept. So its 2 weeks before we set the next dare. Hope to see lots of entries!

10:28 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Wow - very cool layout and great challenge!

12:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous layout Andrea. I'm feeling all inspired by that to join in this fortnight!
Kirsty P

1:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that *scrap* approach ... yay for multi-patterned paper ! I'm feeling inspired. great follow-up to the AE classes.

1:14 pm  
Blogger Chris Millar said...

Love this challenge, it's right up my alley. Hopefully I'll get time! How kind of Andrea from SBO to donate some prizes. Love your layout Andrea.

6:44 pm  
Blogger karmellah said...

Ive never participated before but I just had to this time since I dont like patterned papers lol. It was hard. The layout can be ound in my blog

http://karmellah-inphotos.blogspot.com/

12:36 am  
Blogger Phoebefigalilly said...

That was great fun! I really enjoyed this dare.

Heres mine:

http://jos-journal.blogspot.com/2006/08/dare-6-patterned-paper-challenge.html

5:20 pm  
Blogger Christi said...

Here's mine:

http://nznelsonfamily.blogspot.com/2006/09/7-pieces-of-patter-paper-oh-my.html

4:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://chillibits.typepad.com/chilli_bits/2006/09/addicted.html

thanks for the challenge..Really getting me outside my own square

6:09 pm  
Blogger Rach H said...

Andrea this is so gorgeous.

2:55 pm  
Blogger Britta said...

First time dare-uptaker; I went for the subtle variety:
http://worldwardbound.blogspot.
com/2006/09/danmark-91.html

6:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had lots of fun doing this dare. I've watched since the start of this blog but this is the first one that I had both time and an idea of what I wanted to do.

3:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home