Saturday, August 05, 2006

Dare 4 - Marieke

Been busy organising a birthday party for my now 6 year old. Eeek, I can't believe he's that old already. Here's my take on 'The Chaos Whithin'. My bag, I just jam everything in there until I can't find my keys anymore, which then signals a clean out of the bag. Unbelievable the junk I collect in there - total chaos within.

I made the background paper myself by using the netting from a potato bag as a stencil and painting over it with different hues of the same colour paint, changing the position of the netting as I went. And just added some very rough doodled strips on the dark pink mat as well.
Journaling reads:
I am not a hand bag girl so this little black backpack serves as one. It also seems to doubles as a storage space for all the things that I happen to collect as I go about my business. Every now and then, usually when I can’t find my keys anymore, it is time for a clean out. I tend to find long lost treasures living with the fist full of receipts that always end up on the bottom of my bag. Today’s recovery included: a puzzle piece, a battery, a toy drink bottle, a McDonald’s toy, a lighter, a hair clip, two chap sticks and of course a couple of dozen of receipts. There’has got to be a better way to control the chaos. Dated: 31/07/06

8 Comments:

Blogger LesleyC said...

that totally sounds like my bag. LOL. Love what you did to create the background and loe the black and white photos.

7:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this layout! It speaks to me big time,as I have a bag which is like yours lol. Love how you created your own background for it.

8:25 am  
Blogger Delys said...

cool Lo Marieke. Love the background and the b&W photos go beautifully. And this could be my bag too!

9:20 am  
Blogger Lara said...

love this concept!

7:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic lo, the photos really stand out. This could so be my bag too. lol

8:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The above comment was from me, to keen to press the buttons. lol

8:23 pm  
Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

I can relate to that bag! Here's my dare 4...
http://memoryfairy.blogspot.com/2006/08/nz-dares-chaos-within.html

8:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your layout. And yes, I too, have a little black backpack with the same characteristics as yours, esp. the handful of receipts at the bottom!

10:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home