Friday, August 04, 2006

Dare 4 - Trina's interpretation


HI! Well, this was a really interesting dare for me. There is so much going on in my own mind at the moment, with a new baby about to arrive (hopefully soon!), but it was going to be 'too much' to search for or take photos, get them printed etc so I took a different tack. I remembered this photo I had of my grandfather who was in World War II and what he must have gone through. The thoughts that must have raced through his mind at times would have been horrific and the photos he took (which I'm lucky to have now) with his own captions really do reveal alot. So I used this photo to highlight something totally different.

And I think that's what is so amazing about this blog. I have loved seeing everyones interpretations of the same dare each week. You ladies out there are so very talented and its wonderful to see so many LO's being created and sent in (and we know that there are even more that we don't get to see). Way to go ladies! Can't wait to see what you create this week.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a visitor to this Blog and am amazed at all the fabulous layouts you ladies produce each week. They are awesome and so inspiring to have a go. Trina, I love this Layout. Can you tell me what the circular letters are and where I may be able to get some.
Thanks for the inspiraton and good luck for the safe arrival of yours and Evana babies.
Carol.

7:57 am  
Blogger Trina said...

Hi Carol, thanks so much for your lovely comments.

The letters are made by an Australian company called Scrap FX. I think I got them from an online store over there? Sorry I can't remember which one?

1:42 pm  
Blogger Marieke said...

Trina I love your take on this dare! Strong journaling.

7:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the layout Trina and how you have made the focus the photo. That journalling bought a wee lump to my throat. I agree the chaos within!!

8:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great lo Trina. It's great you have these photos & journalling to go with it.
I find heritage lo's quite hard to do but you have done a fantastic job on this one. Very inspirational.

8:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home