Friday, August 11, 2006

Dare # 5 - Guilty Pleasure

Wow, week number 5 already, time sure flies when you're having fun. And I think it is fair to say that we sure are all having fun setting these challenges and then creating a page with it. And judging by the growing number of entries we receive you are enjoying them too. However we do get the comment that five days is not a lot of time to participate in our challenges so we're going to try setting challenges every two weeks for a bit and see what happens. Please don't hesitate to leave us your thoughts on this, comments are always welcome.

Well with most of us at Crafting Connection it is up to me to post the next dare. (I am going to CC too, but not until tonight)
Guilty Pleasure(s) everybody's got them right? I mean, I know of so many women who hide their chocolate! LOL Create a layout about your Guilty Pleasure(s) and share a link to your layout in an online gallery or email a pic to RANDLGRAY@xtra.co.nz (100kb or less). We will then choose one to share with everyone on the blog. The deadline for dare #5 is Wednesday 23 August at 6pm. Yes you have two weeks to finish this. But please do share any dares you participate in completed after the deadline. We'd love to see what you come up with.
Here are some ideas to get you started.

Lianne's:


Leslie's:



And Marieke's:

9 Comments:

Blogger Phoebefigalilly said...

Guilty pleasures?! Cool...hmmm, now which one to scrap?! LOL! I have to confess I'm in two minds about the longer deadline, although it gives me more time to think and create, I was actually enjoying what the 5 day deadline was doing for my scrapbooking and my creative process. I wasn't agonising over what to do like I normally do but actually going with my gut instinct which I think is making me a far better scrapbooker...so if you ladies don't mind I think I will still stick to the old deadline. :)

4:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Challenge .. love the LO's the girls have done :)

5:50 pm  
Blogger Monique said...

Ok I'm with Jo, a fast game is a good game!!
Come on Kiwi Scrappers rise to the challenge!
I've loved the short deadline because it means I sit down and get it done in a night....two weeks hmmmm just tooo long in my opinion....

Love the new theme and ladies your layouts are inspiring as ever!!

11:18 pm  
Blogger Phoebefigalilly said...

Monique...I'm glad someone else gets it done in one night...thought it was only me that was up late on a Tuesday night getting it ready for Wednesday! Marieke would you mind putting up your journalling, I love the way it is coming out of the shower head but I can't read it.

9:29 am  
Blogger Christi said...

I think a longer deadline is nicer. I haven't done one challenge because I can't make the deadline. I like having a deadline though so haven't even completed any outside of the deadline. My DH works 52-54 hours a week and that means the weekends are family time. I'm more likely to finish it with a longer deadline but then I am one person who hasn't participated yet :( Hoping to this week though.

3:58 pm  
Blogger Tracy said...

Yep I think a longer deadline is a great idea, I have struggled with the shorter timeframe and only managed to complete one challenge. I would really like to do more though.

9:31 pm  
Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

Longer deadline - bugger! I forgot all about that LOL! Got mine done this arvo. I have been playing with some aussie girls recently doing 1 hour challenges...so I'm all for a short deadline...you'd be surprised how much you can get done in an hour :o)

But I think if more people need a longer deadline give it to them...the more the merrier.

http://memoryfairy.blogspot.com/2006/08/nz-dares-guilty-pleasures.html

5:01 pm  
Blogger Phoebefigalilly said...

Got it done...so guess this gives me a week's breather! That's great actually because it'll give me time to catch up on my other unfinished projects (and the folding!)

http://jos-journal.blogspot.com/2006/08/dare-5-my-guilty-pleasure.html

8:33 pm  
Blogger Christi said...

Woohoo! I got to do this one! Thanks for the extended deadline. Here's the link to mine:
http://nznelsonfamily.blogspot.com/2006/08/guilty-pleasure.html

Christi

1:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home