Friday, March 20, 2009

Dare number 64

Hi everyone.
Welcome to another dare.

This fortnight I've decided to follow on from Rach's colour dare by looking at colour (or lack of) in our photos.
Your dare this fortnight is to use both black and white and colour photos in the same LO. If you're only using one photo, then you need to make part of the photo black and white, and part of it colour.

For this dare I've asked a wonderfully inspirational lady from Australia - Shirley Fyfe - to join us as our special guest designer. She has long inspired me with her use of colour, photos and general amazingness (is that a word? LOL) in her LO's that I thought she would be perfect to guest blog with us.
She had created the following LO to share....


And a couple of close ups....


Don't you just LOVE how she has used the main colours from her photos to create the base of her LO. And I especially love how the title's wonkiness makes you really feel like the LO is vrooming! Thanks so much for sharing your delightful work with us Shirley.

We are also lucky to have Erica designing for us this fortnight as well. Check out what she has done to inspire you.....
By putting the colour photo in between two black and white photos and little colour on the LO itself, the colour photo really stands out and the whole design makes for a very striking LO.

And here's my take on the dare... Donna's

Sharon:

darebwcolour


Lianne

You have until the 1st April to get your LO's in.

Leave a link in the comments to your LO's on your blog, gallery, or you may use the Flickr group if you like. If necessary you can email your LO to Lianne at RANDLGRAY@xtra.co.nz (no bigger than 100kb).

Have fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

7 Comments:

Blogger LG said...

Hi there, Im LG and here is my take to your dare 64:

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/cache/334603/YouMe36_1.jpg

10:46 am  
Blogger Gwendolyn said...

Hi there, great challenge! Here is my take:

Mojito

11:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Adele here. Thanks for the dare.
Here is the link to mine:
http://adele74.wordpress.com/2009/03/23/dare-for-no-8-wired/

Adele.

12:13 pm  
Blogger cotedetexas said...

hmmm- interesting blog! I need to figure it out!!!!!

thanks for your comment tonight on mine, much appreciated.

3:09 pm  
Blogger Kim said...

Hi Trina. Just discovered your blog and love the challenge. I'm not really into B&W so was hard for me. Here is my take on your dare:
http://uslot-livinglife.blogspot.com/2009/03/nz-dares-64-challenge.html
Looking forward to the next challenge.
thanks, Kim

6:47 am  
Blogger Sis D said...

I haven't done one of these for a really long time! here's mine:

http://www.scrapbookingbydesign.co.nz/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3344&cat=500&ppuser=26

4:32 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Great dare - Here's my link
:)Sarah

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2c9Waq7uo2c/SbldBQbDzXI/AAAAAAAAAog/kasgVAtCR9I/s1600-h/DSC09970.JPG

8:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home