Saturday, March 07, 2009

Dare 63

Hi everyone

so we have apparently moved into the Autumn season...........one that I do love as its full of warm days, cooler nights + gorgeous colours.

So with these thoughts I have been inspired to create a dare for you all using colour.

Its everywhere, we have our favourites, we wear it, we eat it + we create by it whether its a paper creation or maybe a room you are decorating at home.

So I would love to see your take on what colour means to you. Maybe you want to scrap with your favourite colour, create a LO using a photo of favourite coloured shoes or room at home.........you get the idea.

And for this dare I have asked a special guest designer Gigi Kennedy.
Gigi lives in the US, with her husband + 3 lovely kids. She is currently on the Tarisota + Kenner Road design teams.

Gigi's creations have a lovely fresh feel to them + she has this amazing talent to whip up such inspiring canvas's using awesome quotes.
This is what GiGi said about her LO
I actually created this layout for claudine hellmuth's new book "the scrapbooker's creativity kit". My assignment & challenge was to create a project using the colors blue & purple with the "theme" of play. So for me, the entire jumping off point for this layout was color. It is definitely fun creating designs based on color.

Thanks Gigi for joining in on the fun!
As well we are lucky to have our regular guest spot + this time round we have Sue with her gorgeous LO.

This is what Sue had to say about her LO.

“i've been told many times that when it comes to scrapbooking - i'm 'good with colour'. purple's one of my favourite colours and i think the sepia tone of this photo lent itself well to the double-sided brown paper. As for the subject? My second youngest daughter is not only a gorgeous photographic subject, she spends a good deal of her time deep in thought!”
Rach.
With mine I went with the rainbow. I seem to tend to sway to the brighter colours when I scrap + in my everyday I seem to wear brights against my black whether it be my shoes, a cardi or my handbag.
And Vicky's.

We are really influenced by the natural world in our house, especially when we think about the colours we use in our home, sticking with mainly greens, browns and blues. The tones I have used in this layout also relate themselves well to Arlos soft, laid back personality. Donna

I was inspired by the gorgeous rainbows we see from our place. Sadly, have never found that pot of gold yet... Lesley - I was inspired by this photo with the bright yellow and orange dominating. Colours symbollic of fun and playfulness.


Sharon – well my favourite colour is black – but I included a few others on the layout just for fun:


dare_colour63

Lianne - I am always in awe of the colours in flowers. They are always so perfect and rich. The bright yellow in these flowers in the photo inspired me to create this bright and colourful LO.

can't wait to see your colouful world + I'm putting together some colourful goodness for the winner of this dare. :)

You have until the 18th of March to get your LO's in.

Leave a link in the comments to your LO's on your blog, gallery, or you may use the Flickr group if you like. If necessary you can email your LO to Lianne at RANDLGRAY@xtra.co.nz (no bigger than 100kb).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home