Friday, November 14, 2008

Dare 58 - T-Shirt Inspiration

Welcome to Dare 58. We have a very cool dare and sponsor for you this week.


Michelle from Purple Onion Designs has very wonderfully agreed to be the sponsor of this week's dare. And the prize is a very cool NEW date set. It comes in french too so you can choose whether you want the english version or the french version!

Purple Onion stamps are deeply etched unmounted red rubber and come in many wonderful designs, sets and alphas. They continue to offer the stamps in traditional red rubber to capture the fine detail that many of the designs contain. Check out the Purple Onion Designs website and make sure you make it over to the blog too for even more inspiration.

The dare: I have a confession to make. I buy clothes (sometimes!) because I like the inspiration they give me for possible layouts! Am I the only one? So the dare is to be inspired by this t-shirt in some way and create a layout. There really is a bit of everything in this t-shirt - bling, flowers, banners / scroll, hearts, words, COLOUR, paint splodges, wings, layers. Plenty to be inspired by.

My (lesley's) layout. The flourish stamps to the side and below the phot are from purple onion!



Donna's Layout



Lara's Layout



Sharon's layout:


Monique's layout



There will be more inspiration added so keep checking back!

So the dare is to scrap something which is inspired by the above T-Shirt, and send it to us by Wednesday 26th November and you will be in to win the fabulous prize from Purple Onion Designs. Leave a link in the comments to your LO's on your blog, gallery, or you may use the Flickr group if you like, just leave a link in the comments on the NZ Dare blog. If necessary you can email your LO to Lianne at RANDLGRAY@xtra.co.nz (no bigger than 100kb).

We will draw a winner for the wonderful prize from Purple Onion Designs and we will pick our favourite to be our guest designer for the dare after the next dare. Cant wait to see what you come up with.

8 Comments:

Blogger caro said...

love this challenge - makes me think of biker jackets ....

12:56 am  
Blogger Lainie said...

Great inspirational item to draw from and I absolutely love everyone's take on it.

9:11 pm  
Blogger Danice said...

I've done my layout! I love it when I see a dare or a challenge, and drop everything to do it!! ( I was up pretty late last night doing it!)
its on my bloggie, thanks!

11:13 pm  
Blogger Donna said...

this was a really fun dare. Thanks for the inspiration. Here's my take on it.

http://donnabrisbois.blogspot.com/2008/11/nz-dare-58.html

5:20 pm  
Blogger Sonya said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:25 pm  
Blogger Sonya said...

LOL at buying clothes because they inspire you! I tend to buy scrapping supplies instead of clothes... but am now thinking that clothes could be perhaps classed as scrapping supplys! Wonder if hubby will wear that!
Anyway, I can see how that tee shirt inspired you, thanks so much for sharing. Here is my take on the challenge
http://picklespatch-sonya.blogspot.com/
11:25 PM

11:31 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

I have sent my take to Leanne for this weeks guest designer but it hasn't gone up yet,hop she got it ok. If you wont to see it, its on my blog also

http://4carol.blogspot.com/

7:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this challenge. It was a long time ago for me but I enjoyed it!

Party all night

7:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home