Friday, September 12, 2008

Dare 54

Hi everyone! Donna here.

I guess I've always been fascinated with scale. In landscaping you place small plants to counter-balance tall/big plants and in interiors we often do the same... a small wall often looks better with a large piece of art, whereas a big wall space may look better with a series of smaller artworks and a large piece of furniture underneath.

SO... we've decided to dare you to use extremes of scale in a layout. Big versus small, in clothing terms XL vs XS, or even XXL vs XXS.
You may decide to use large & small photos, or small photos and large alphas. It's up to you! Mix it up and have FUN!

There's an awesome prize again for this dare. Up2Scrap have very generously donated a year's subscription to their magazine! That's 4 issues of great inspiration! (and just as a side note - the search for the new Elite Team is on but closes 20th September... so if you're thinking of entering you'll need to get on to it this weekend!).

Now as we advised last week, we'd now love you to upload your dare entries to our Flickr group - here's the link
Or you can leave a comment here with your details.
If in doubt, scroll down to the Flickr details in Dare 53 post.
We love seeing the different interpretations of these dares and can't wait to see what you do.

Here's my layout. I was inspired by this photo of my daughter, taken by photographer Fiona Pierson. The size of the photo, or rather the face close up has prevented me knowing how to scrap it before, but using large and small brackets, varied size numbers & embellishments just seemed to work.
And here's our guest designer Sue Bull's layout. I love the contrast of large & small photos & fonts she's used.
And here's Sharon's - love that huge punctuation against tiny alphas.
Vicky's - little photos with lots of large, varied fonts for journaling!
Lesley's - definately XXL vs XXS going on here!

Trinas's - Big photo. Big title/small title. Large clock/small clock. Large flowers/smaller flowers.


Lianne - very small photos with a large photo

10 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Great dare, I will have to put my thinking cap on & see what I can come up with.

7:52 pm  
Blogger Niella said...

awesome Donna!! cool layouts!!

am in in in!!!

10:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the due date? I've been away from the site for a while and have forgotten!

Thanks
Jessie

11:40 am  
Blogger Donna said...

Hi Jessie - we post a dare every 2nd Friday night. They close the Wednesday before - so you have til Wed 24th.

12:37 pm  
Blogger Roo said...

Yay I've got mine done already. It's in the flickr group and on my blog. Fun theme, thanks gals.

5:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I did this dare and wasn't going to post it. Then thought oh well worth the fun. Haven't got my head around flicker yet so heres the link to my scrap blog that has it there "Wanna Be" is it
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/2008/09/19/busy-beaverme/

11:37 am  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh darn, i have the perfect layout for this, i did it a couple of weeks back lol can i still use it?
i havent entered it in anything, or does it have to be done just for this.

3:03 pm  
Blogger Jenny said...

Here's mine: the word "bowls" came out larger than I expected but I think it looks good with the little circles http://engel4nz.blogspot.com/2008/09/ships-that-pass-in-night.html

4:54 pm  
Blogger Danice said...

I tried loading to flickr- completely stuffed it up, so I stuck it on my blog instead, Ill try to figure out Flickr for next time.

4:27 pm  
Blogger Gracie Ann Tan said...

Got mine uploaded on the Flickr Group. =)

1:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home