Friday, August 01, 2008

Dare # 51

This dare is about 'Patterns'.

def: arrangement of repeated parts or decorative designs.

I've noticed patterns are very popular lately, e.g. houndstooth, harlequin, checkered, spots, argyle etc.
Use a pattern at least once on your LO, can be a piece of fabric, a stamp, a piece of p/p, make a pattern on a background. Like Rach used the houndstooth stamp repeated down the side of her LO from dare # 49.
So think of a creative way to use a pattern or patterns on your LO.

Here's my LO. I've used an old making Memories stamp repeatedly to make the background and then I've used other patterns on my LO like the checkered fabric, the scalloped edges of the lace and the c/s and the diamond stamp at the top.

Lianne.



And here is Lara Moss' layout.

Lara is our Guest Designer for this dare. She has repeated her dot pattern throughout the LO and it is even in her photo. Thanks Lara.

Donna - I also went for dots!


Sharon - I used plaid:
Monique....hi everyone, I used a wee Maya Rd star stamp to create my pattern.
Trina - I used Paisley and Hearts.
Please leave a link in the comments or email a pic to randlgray@xtra.co.nz by Wed 13th Aug at 6pm.

12 Comments:

Blogger Gracie Ann Tan said...

Hi! Just wanna know if your challenges are open to international players too. Thanks!

2:31 am  
Blogger Niella said...

Oh *F U N* dare!!

Have just the idea too:)

Gorgeous layouts...fabulous pattern ideas:) So impressed!

1:18 pm  
Blogger Monique said...

Hi g_ann, international scrappers are most welcome to join in.

4:32 pm  
Blogger Gracie Ann Tan said...

Cool! I'll try to join in. Thanks Monique! :)

5:49 pm  
Blogger Danice said...

Woohoo! I finished!! and not only am I on time- I'm early!!

You can see my layout on my blog. Thanks for the challenge!

5:57 pm  
Blogger Gracie Ann Tan said...

Here's my take on the dare:

http://dscrapyard.blogspot.com/2008/08/youre-beatiful-every-little-piece-love.html

Thanks for the fun challenge! :)

6:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, it has been a while since I have been here, but I really loved this there so I couldn't resist!

My blog

10:37 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Thanks for the dare, i used some paper iv had for ages lol.

You can see mine on my blog
http://4carol.blogspot.com/

7:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great challenge, I had alot of fun using different tapes , ribbon strips & lace with mine....
here it is
http://www.scrapbookingbydesign.co.nz/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2804&cat=604&limit=recent

thanks for the Challenge ladies

3:11 pm  
Blogger MH72 said...

Here is my take - I went for the circles...

http://ordetpaabordet.blogspot.com/2008/08/model.html

3:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Mine is repeating circles too. You can find my take on the dare on SBD's gallery - Balloons.
Gwen

8:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I emailed a pic of my layout to Lianne last night but again a last minute job so the pic wasn't the best - I will load it on my blog (new to this blogging caper so hopefully it will be there soon!!)
Thanks for a cool challenge
Vicki

2:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home