Friday, January 18, 2008

Dare 37

We're Back! Hi everyone, Vicky here....i hope everyone had a fantastic break and is ready to get back into the dares. The first one for this year was up to me so Ive decided to go with a little saying that always makes me smile.....i dare you to scrap about something that Tickles Your Fancy. It might be something someone said, your favourite joke, a sign you pass on the way to work. Anything that makes you smile. Easy right!? The deadline for this dare is 6pm Wed 30th Jan. Leave us a link to your page in the comments or email your page to Lianne at RANDLGRAY@xtra.co.nz I cant wait to see what you come up with.

This dares sponsor is Magistical Memories so play along and you could have some fun chipboard heading your way....




Here's a little inspiration to get the ideas flowing
this is what tickled my fancy...I visit my Nana in a rest home every thursday, i get to hear all kinds of stories...this is a snippet of a conversation...i think i found it so funny because my Pop was always very slim while Nana is 'more generous' herself hehe, also i liked the thought of their young relationship not differing that much to ours, doesnt everyone worry about love handles?!?!? Everytime i think of this I smile.
i saved the photo from one of those frames with all the different shaped cut out, i think it had been in there for 15 years so is very faded. I stuck with the 80s look by using the wood panel type paper and sequins:)



Here is our guest designer Anita Larkens cool page: Heres what Anita had to say about her page:


I got really inspired by some scrapbookingpaper (Prima). The design of the paper was based on the quote: Whatever is good, whatever is pure, let your mind think on these things.This quote is what tickled my fancy, so I made this layout.

Sharon:
We have plenty of weeds in our garden. They drive me nuts but I have to confess they make me smile too;
Lesley - This Christmas Toy totally made me smile, laugh even!




Monique - Hi everyone, these super cute stickers really tickled my funny bone, I bought them a few months back with no particular layout in mine but just because they made me happy...as did finding this cheesy message from my husband one lunchtime!



Lianne - We drive past this sign in Pukekohe often and they always have a message on it, something to get you thinking. It always 'Tickles My Fancy'.



Jo - George, my boxer, is such a clown, he never fails to tickle me!
Andrea - It makes me smile when I see the funny positions toddlers end up sleeping in and I just cracked up when my daughter fell asleep under the dining table!


Donna's

10 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Love your layouts girls,thanks for this dare, i have been wonting to scrap these photos but keeped puting
them in the to hard basket,i had a good laugh when i saw these.I have loaded it on my blog.
http://4carol.blogspot.com/

BTW... Happy New Year :)

8:15 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

Hee hee - really like these LOs :-)

Here is my take..
Penny's Dare 37 Layout

3:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY Welcome back No 8 wired!

ive posted my take on what tickles my fancy on my blog too, its a saying that never ever fails to make me laugh :
http://danice2008.blogspot.com/

5:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I might not otherwise have scrapped the photo on my layout. You can find it on the SBD site - art room.
Great to see the site up again this year.

5:40 pm  
Blogger KiwiMich said...

Challenge completed and uploaded onto my blog
http://kiwimich.blogspot.com/2008/01/nz-dares-challenge.html
Loved doing this one! :)

10:16 pm  
Blogger Bev said...

hi my take is on my blog. cool layouts everyone

http://fifiscrapz.blogspot.com/

10:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is my take on the challenge.

http://www.scrapbookingbydesign.co.nz/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1876&cat=500&ppuser=54

Rachel Tucker

10:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some awesome dares done! Love the topic too...hehe, it's a great one!
Here's my take...http://dallasnz.wordpress.com/

12:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great dare. Here is my take http://juliemaree.wordpress.com/2008/01/30/dare-37/

4:11 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I am 3 hours too late but I have just completed it.
http://katrinanz.blogspot.com/

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home