Friday, October 26, 2007

Hi everyone, Trina here. Welcome to this fortnights dare!

I want to tell you about the magnificent sponsor we have for you this fortnight......Tarisota Collections. Tarisota are a monthly kit club based in Australia and have the most incredible collections each month.

Tarisota has very generously donated their latest kit which means the lucky winner will receive the November kit! Wow! After seeing a couple of sneak peeks I can say it's absolutely gorgeous. Sneak peeks will be coming on Sunday night. So come back for a look then.....

So the dare this week is all about colour. Or should I say two colours. Yes, we want you to create a LO that has ONLY two colours in it. There are no rules except that you can only use two colours. This may sound easy, but we've actually had quite a bit of fun with this one ourselves as we endeavour to use just two colours! (so many papers have more than two colours in them). We've decided to be kind... you can use a tiny bit of black or white in your journaling or title, but thats it. So put your thinking caps on and take a leaf from one of the contributers here and create a LO based on the colours they have used.

Make sure you have your dare LO linked to the comments section by 7th Nov. We'll announce the winner on the 8th.

So are you gonna join us? Dare you to!

Trina - Pink and Orange


I just love this colour combo. Its so bright and fresh, but can give a real feeling of peace or relaxation should you want that too. Unfortunately due to my scan, the flocked vellum looks a little green/brown, but be assured, it is orange! LOL.


Carol - Pink and Green



Carol is our very talented guest designer this month and here is her version of our dare. Thanks so much Carol. It looks great......


Jo My colour choices were orange and teal - I love how these two colours just pop together - great colours for boy or girl pages, but I chose to do a boy layout this time which is also a challenge for me! I had so much fun figuring out how to stick to just the two colours but was really pleased with the end result. Like Trina I found some of the colours were a little off after scanning but rest assured that what looks brown is in fact orange and what looks grey is in fact teal irl.


Donna - Green and Blue I love green & blue together, especially using a yellowed green to keep the combination from becoming too cold.


Lesley


I chose Red and a tourquoise blue. Sharon:
I chose lime and orange - put your sunglasses on!! This is my very gorgeous niece.
And I couldn't stop at one. I chose red and gold to FINALLY scrap last year's Christmas photos:


Lianne


This wasn't as easy as you think. I've used lime green and red. I wanted to add white or black lines and coloured ribbon and maybe just one more colour LOL. But I am happy with the result. I dare you to have a go at only 2 colours with no black or white lines and no other colour. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.



Vicky


This was TOUGH! I had to fight afew impulses LOL.Ive used yellow and green. 'Your Love is my Salvation' is a song lyric i have been wanting to use for awhile now.




Faye


Green and Purple, usually 2 of my favourite colour combinations. I just didn't realise how difficult it would be to ONLY use them. Great Dare, a real challenge.



Megan


Eggplant / Aubergine and Baby Blue - weird combination buy I found inspiration in this cool photo of my Nana and Pop - look at that dress! This dare was just right for the photo as it kept me to two colours without overwhelming the photo.


Funny thing as I rang my Nana (87 yrs old) to confirm the year this photo was taken she tells me she still has the dress! - I have to go and take a photo of the layout and the dress now!


28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I've just finished my LO for this challenge, but as this is the first time I do one for you guys, can you please let me know how I enter? Can I post it on my blog, or do I email it? Thanks a lot - it was a challenge alright... :)

8:57 pm  
Blogger lianne said...

Hi Annelie, yes put it on your blog and link it here, look forward to seeing it, love your black and white one on your blog too.

9:05 am  
Blogger Jenny said...

I have an entry and I hope it fits. It's Kaikoura Blue and its on my blog. I don't know how to link it though

9:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done! I had a lot of fun trying to keep it to two colours... :)

10:40 pm  
Blogger VanillaCarmel said...

HERE IS MY LAYOUT...

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&gallery=1&layout_id=1253292

It was quite challenging to find items that were only green and yellow! i love the way it turned out. great challenge this week!!!

5:31 am  
Blogger VanillaCarmel said...

i will also have it on my blog..it's entitled 'BEST FORT EVER"

5:31 am  
Blogger Fiona said...

Okay I have done one too and even posted it on my blog.
http://fionasramblings.blogspot.com/

4:14 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Pink and Brown layout
http://4carol.blogspot.com/

10:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pheeewww. After much trying to get on to the comments section coz my computer never lets me get in for some odd reason, I can finally say what fantastic LOs have gone up with just two colours. Posted my LO on SBD's site - tried out purple shades and green. Lots of fun!

2:25 pm  
Blogger Jane said...

Ihope this works I am a real novice with computer links I haven't got a clue and Trina helped me so I hope I have followed her instructions ok here goes. this is my link http://www.scrapbookoutletnz.co.nz/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=5&pos=0 please let me know if I have done this correctly thanks Tilly

6:11 pm  
Blogger lianne said...

Got it Tilly

7:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so thought that this was going to be easier than it actually was ! LOL. Guess I never only use two colours..... but did this time so here is mine.

http://www.scrapbookingbydesign.co.nz/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1598&limit=recent

Rachel Tucker

7:20 pm  
Blogger Jane said...

Thanks lianne phew a big first for me in improving my computer skills and a big thankyou to Trina for her help and encouragement.

7:27 pm  
Blogger Bev said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:07 pm  
Blogger Bev said...

Hi what a great challenge I have done two layouts one is green and orange while the other is pink and white. Didnt find it to difficult to stick to the two colour theme though there are different shades of the colours.
They are on my blog

http://fifiscrapz.blogspot.com/

1:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.scrapbookingbydesign.co.nz/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1599&limit=recent

Here is my try at two colours.

Kate Mills

5:03 pm  
Blogger scrappysue said...

here's mind (purple and lime!) haven't scrapped for a few weeks, nice to be 'back in the saddle' so to speak!:

https://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&gallery=1&layout_id=1256367

(not the best scan)

6:46 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've completed a layout that I think fits the criteria. My colours were shades of blue & yellow. It's here http://katrinanz.blogspot.com/2007/11/2-colours-dare.html

10:24 am  
Blogger Kate, Dave and the kiddlets said...

My first dare in a long time!
I used brown and taupe and you can see it on my blog. Sorry the picture is terrible! xx Kate.

11:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first dare: Loved the colours on the umbrella, couldn't believe when I managed to match them so well.http://www.scrapbookingbydesign.co.nz/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1601&cat=500&ppuser=72

3:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys

Haven't 'dared' for soooo long, and I kind of liked this dare so thought I may as well enter. I have my dare on SBD's gallery. Follow this link:

http://www.scrapbookingbydesign.co.nz/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1605&cat=549&limit=recent

TFL!

6:53 pm  
Blogger Megan R said...

Just squeezed in. Layout is now on my blog. Definitely harder than I thought to only use two colours. The journaling is done on graph paper that I have painted with diluted green paint. It doesn't show too well on my blog, but I can email you the pic if need be :o)

9:43 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

Not sure whether I've got mine in on time but it's on my blog

Cheers
Ali

4:48 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

oops, which is http://alidub.blogspot.com/


Cheers again

Ali

4:51 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:51 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:52 pm  
Blogger Beverley said...

Not sure if I have mine in on time either - but it's done and on my blog. Was kinda fun to do - if not challenging, but that's what it's all about right?

http://bubblesofmylife.blogspot.com/

5:16 pm  
Blogger Yvette said...

My entry for this dare. I used different shades of blue and brown.

It is the 2nd photo on this blog post.

http://awomanandherboys.blogspot.com/2007/11/house-full-of-sickies.html

8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home