Friday, May 23, 2008

Dare #46



Hi everyone - Donna here! In my family it's 'birthday season'! Some of the other Dare team members & I were discussing how we seem to put off scrapping those all important birthday layouts! Anyone else like that?


Why is that? I guess because with digital cameras we take soooo many photos and they tend to be 'busy' photos - lots going on in them and often such a variety of events for one birthday.


And so, our dare this week is to scrap a birthday layout - single or double and it must contain 5 or more photos!


So far, the layouts from the team are very varied - lots of different ideas. We can't wait to see yours.


There's a great prize up for grabs - some gorgeous new product generously donated by Scrapbook Outlet. Thanks so much Andrea!


Here's a fabulous layout from our guest designer this week - Lynda Bagnall. What I love about this layout is that Lynda has let the photos tell the story - very neatly stitched for definition.
Lynda's




I was guilty of not scrapping my son's 1st birthday photos! He turns 11 in a couple of months!! There was so much to his first birthday that I've broken it down into separate layouts. This one of the day prior, and there will be another double of the actual party. That suddenly made the task a lot easier.


Donna's
I hope you enjoy the challenge and get some of those birthday photos scrapped at last! Sharon's

Vicky's




Moniques








Lesley

This layout is as much about my perpspective of birthdays as it is about Amada's 6th birthday. Journaling reads "Okay so right from the start we (as in Ricky and I) said no big parties every year for you and Simon. Just the big milestones like 1, 5, 10, etc. I don’t mean not celebrate but just keep it quiet with Grandparents and a friend or two. And every year somehow I go back on it. I cant quite bring myself to not letting you have a party. This year we had a bbq with family and friends the day before your actual party. You even had a birthday cake plus birthday cupcakes! And then on the day you woke to the usual tradition of your presents on the table, decorated with tinsel and candles. After school you had 4 friends back for afternoon tea and a little bit of scrapbooking. That’s not really a party? Is it? I think I need to stop kidding myself and hey birthdays are made for celebrating BIG! And you seemed to enjoy your 6th birthday parties!"



6 Comments:

Blogger dianapantz said...

here is my challenge.
http://flytothewall.blogspot.com/2008/05/number-five.html

8:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine's up on SBD's gallery. So happy to have scrapped some older photos.
Gwen

9:07 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Here is my take on this one. great choice for me since my son had his 14th last week!http://scrappinsaraz.blogspot.com/

8:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is mine:

http://gwendolyn.web-log.nl/gwendolyn/2008/06/birthday.html

10:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is my take on this dare

http://heidi01.wordpress.com/

thanks for the challenge, it was a whole lot of fun

4:02 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

I have loaded my take on my blog

http://4carol.blogspot.com/

I even used nice BRIGHT colours lol

9:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home