Friday, August 03, 2007

Dare #27 - Keeping it Kiwi

This dare we are celebrating our Kiwi-ness!!

Your mission if you choose to accept it is.... to use those quirky phrases or words that are without a doubt 100% pure Kiwi, that curious Kiwi slang that sets us apart from the rest of the world! You can use it as your title, in your journalling or on an embellishment...anything as long as there is a phrase or word on there somewhere!

Check out these two little collections here and here to get the inspiration flowing, I am sure you will come up with a few more that maybe are not on the lists...if so please share these little gems in the comments.

So rattle ya dags flat tack over to your scrap heap...no pikers please....rustle up a layout, and Bobs your uncle, it will look good as gold I reckon! If you havn't done a dare in yonks, no worries just get stuck in...she'll be right mate!

(get the picture heh, heh)

Please leave a link to your layout at a gallery or your blog in the comments of this post to be in the draw.

Edited: the deadline is Wed 15th August 6pm.



Also if you happen to be the dare girls fave of the week, we would like you to be our guest designer in a fortnights time...this will happen for every dare now...how cool is that! So we look forward to seeing last times fave Lara up as guest designer for the following dare...

Monique




Jo



Lesley



Sara-Jane Lianne



Megan



Rachel


15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet as.......love the challenge

8:24 pm  
Blogger Taniwha said...

OMG! Just the other day I was thinking about doing a LO using a Kiwi term. How perfect is this lol!

10:34 pm  
Blogger Siany said...

I. LOVE. this. dare!! Although I was born and raised here in OZ, my dad is Maori and my mum was raised in NZ!! So although some of my kiwi slang may be a bit outdated, theres a few things that Ive picked up from mum and dad! Bring it on!!

1:55 am  
Blogger Lara said...

love this dare, & those lists were fantastic! I went for 'fancy' cause I still fancy him :-)

www.scrappykea.blogspot.com has my dare on it!

8:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic Dare - I did this one a couple of weeks back after a holiday in Rarotonga and it is quite appropriate for the challenge.

http://www.scrapbookingbydesign.co.nz/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1010&cat=500&ppuser=5

11:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great dare, I'm originally from the UK & I have picked up heaps of Kiwi slang, so best I get it on paper.

6:07 pm  
Blogger Lynda said...

Very cool dare - mine is loaded here http://lyndabnz.blogspot.com/2007/08/scrapping-up-storm.html

9:27 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Love all the layouts , cool idea.
I didn't realize i had put my " ! " upside down until i scanned , I will fix it later, Another kiwi term " DUFFUS" LOL ok here's mine

http://www.scrapbookingbydesign.co.nz/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1159&cat=500&ppuser=21

9:47 am  
Blogger Irene said...

I have 2 layouts to enter into the NZDares #27 challenge - celebrating our Kiwi-ness at http://irene-s.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the challenge, really enjoyed it

8:16 pm  
Blogger Scrapdragons said...

These are all super!!

laura

3:22 pm  
Blogger Roo said...

Just put my lo up on my blog. Thanks for the great inspiration.
http://acreativeblank.wordpress.com/2007/08/13/challenge-los/

9:33 am  
Blogger scrappysue said...

here's mine - i don't think my photos could be any more appropriate!!!

https://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?gallery=1&cmd=display&layout_id=1213506

12:36 pm  
Blogger Raewyn aka whinney said...

Thank you for sharing the links to those Kiwi-isms websites, there are so many great sayings there that I could make a whole album about them (hmmmm now there's a thought). My layout for this challenge is here...
http://whinneys-whims.blogspot.com/2007/08/no8-wired-challenge.html
Thanks for another cool challenge.
Raewyn

7:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the team's take on this challenge. Fantastic phrases out there! My LO is in the SBD gallery.

4:08 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

wtg gwen and congrats Janine , look forward to seeing all the others,that was a fun one to do

11:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home